Sunday, December 28, 2014

3 Christmas Questions


 Well, another Christmas has come and gone!
 

And all I can say is - 
We are blessed
and
I'm so thankful for everything we have in this life.

During all of the hustle and bustle of the season, I didn't forget to stop and give thanks - 

thanks for all that made up our Christmas and the days leading up and following it -

our health,
time spent with our family and friends,
our church,
baking cookies and playing games,
singing christmas songs and squinting at twinkling lights,
the smells of christmas,
fun with Chippy, our elf,
listening to the kids' prayers as they thanked god for "santa, chippy, jesus, and god",
reading christmas stories,
wearing santa claus hats,
giving and receiving,
repeating "merry christmas" over and over again,
believing in the magic...

I could go on and on - 

but, as we wrap up this season, I asked my kids these 3 questions today:

1.  What was your most favorite part about Christmas this year?
2. What was your favorite present?
3. Why do we celebrate Christmas?
 


Makayla:
1.  Decorating the Christmas tree.  And opening presents.
2.  Go Go My Walking Pup
3.  Jesus.  And so we can love each other.

Mason:
1.  Sitting on Santa's lap.
2.  Nerf Guns
(shocked that he didn't answer his Osaka Pee Guy - the one and only thing he asked for)
 
3.  To celebrate Jesus.

Mia:
(i know she's too young to fully answer the questions, but heaven forbid we leave her out!)
1.  Shrugs her shoulders 
(as she tilts her head and widens her eyes)
2.  Baby.
3.  I don't know.
(as she shrugs her shoulders, again, and smirks)




Photography is the beauty of life, captured.
 – Tara Chisholm

This picture brings me so much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment