Sunday, September 28, 2014

19 More Days

We have a chain.

...A chain to count down the days until October 17th. 

The kids (mainly Makayla) and I colored and dated the strips of paper - 

and each day, we take one off ...getting closer and closer to the big day.

19 more days. 

19 more days until we move from this house to that house.

For weeks we have been talking about the "blue house".
For weeks we have been driving by the "blue house".
For weeks we have been visiting the "blue house".  

We've been picking out our rooms,
deciding where would be a good place to put our piano and the Christmas tree, 
trying to figure out what wall in the basement we would put our 125 gallon fish tank,

deciding what color we would paint that green in the kitchen, 

and rolling around being free in all of the extra space. 

For weeks we have been surrounded in boxes and packing up our things.
For weeks we have been dreaming about the future and what it's going to be like to make the "blue house" our house.
For weeks I have been locking up the memories of our time on North Monroe and forever storing them away in my heart and mind - our first house together, where we started our family, the smell of our home, Makayla's tree, all of the little things I'm going to miss about the North Monroe house and all of the things that make me love it.  It's been good to us and we're definitely going to miss it.

But it's time.
Finally.

For years, we have gone back and forth about selling our home.  There have been more than several homes that we've "loved" and that we've wanted, but it's never really felt "right" and I've always found a way to get out of it - to not move - to move on to a different house or deciding altogether that we're not moving at all.
I would convince myself to be content on North Monroe.
I would convince myself that we could be comfortable in our 3 bedroom 1 bath home.
I would convince myself that we don't need to move...that we have everything we need right here on North Monroe.
And that's true. 

But...

This "blue house" is different.
I feel in my heart that this is right.
This is what we want and this is what we need.
This is what we've been waiting for.
This is a good thing and I didn't want to lose it.

So moving from something good


To something better...

all I can say is, 
we are blessed.

We've worked very hard to get where we are so far and I can't wait until October 17th gets here when we can open the front door to the "blue house" and say Welcome Home! 

P.S.  I know that next year, our new home won't be blue, but it will forever be known as the "blue house" to our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment