Sunday, August 17, 2014

Had Kevin Named Our Children

Hello!


Welcome to the crazy, exciting, non-stop, organized chaos that we call Our Life.

Meet Bindi, Derek, and Destiny...

For real.

Had Kevin named our children, we wouldn't have a Makayla, Mason, and Mia...but we would have a Bindi, Derek, and Destiny.

I'm not lying.


 Bindi - after the Crocodile Hunter's daughter.  
i don't know
don't ask
...while I played along in Kevin's name game with him for awhile, I threw Bindi out the window long before Makayla came along.
Makayla Ann is my Makayla and there is no better name for her!



Derek - after some football player (i think)
While I do really like the name Derek, I couldn't put Derek Curry together.  I don't like how the letter sound runs together from the first name to the last.
Derek Curry might be confused for Dera Curry.

While I did consider the name Derek for a teeny tiny bit, one day it just came to me that my son was going to be named Mason.  Mason Allen.

I can't imagine this handsome little boy being named anything other than Mason.
(his middle name, allen, coming from my maiden name)


And then there would be Destiny - because Kevin is convinced that our youngest was conceived in Destin, FL.
 ha.
my goodness.
Not counting the wide eyed stares I gave Kevin, I never did entertain the name Destiny.
While I had a hard time finding a name for our youngest, it wasn't until about a week before her arrival that I knew she was a Mia.  Miss Mia Grace.  Perfect.





So, had Kevin named our children...


No comments:

Post a Comment