Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Whoa, Nellie!

It's like trying to hold water in your hands...
it just trickles through your fingers no matter how hard you try to keep a hold of it.

These days...
they're trickling.




I have a 5 year old -
she's gorgeous,
she loves to read and write books,
she enjoys swimming and relaxing in the sun,
she likes helping people and teaching people new things,
she loves to get pretty - puts a dress on, applies make up, and switches into dangling earrings,
she's a giver and a lover.

I have a 3 year old -
he's nurturing, 
he loves to comfort his baby sister,
he enjoys mowing the grass,
he's a swimmer and spends most of his time in the pool,
he likes to play with his monster trucks and take care of the fish in our fish tank,
he asks 2 million questions a day,
he can't wait to be a daddy.

I have a 1 year old -
her blonde curls make me smile and her beautiful eyes melt me to my knees,
she expresses emotion like it's her job,
she'll cheerily send you on your way as she happily and excitedly tells you "bye",
she loves hugs and kisses,
she loves talking on the phone to grandma and grandpa,
she doesn't want to sleep in her crib anymore and begs to sleep in her sissy's big girl bed,
she laughs, giggles, and snickers her every waking moment.

Makayla, Mason, and Mia Grace - 
They're 5, 3, and 1...

and they're going to be 5, 3, and 1 only once.
I'm trying my hardest to make the most of these days...
but these days - they're trickling - trickling like water from my hand.

...and while the days are trickling, 
I kiss them, I smell them, I hold them, I squeeze them, I rock them...
I breathe in every bit of their love.


(and i wonder, if i'm already feeling this overwhelming sense of how quickly time goes by, how am i going to feel as my kids grow older and bigger? - as they go through school, get their driver's license, experience their first loves and broken hearts, graduate high school, send them off to college, watch them say 'i do' on their wedding day, have babies of their own...)

No comments:

Post a Comment