Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ugh...Winter

For the past 2 months, this is what I've seen every time I look out my window into our backyard.


And while I appreciate (and kinda love) the beauty and deafening silence that comes along with a snowfall, my body is craving spring.

I need to wake up in the morning with my windows open and hear the birds singing and smell the fresh air.  
I need to hear a thunderstorm and see the lightning. 
 I need  to hear crickets and see the lightning bugs.  I need to see the lightning bugs sparkling and lighting up the fields as we drive through the country and I need to see the joy on my kids' faces as they run through the yard to catch the lightning bugs.
  I need to swing at the park...
 and take walks...
 and feel the warm breeze.  
I need to eat popsicles and swim in the backyard.  
I need the smells...the smell of mowed grass and the smell of rain hitting the hot pavement.

I need winter to be over.

But...since we still have a ways to go before all the snow melts, we have to continue enjoying winter and all the snow while it's still here. 

We'll play in it, 
walk in it, 
eat it,
talk about it,
scoop it,
shovel it,
hate it,
love it,
and continue to live in...counting down the days 'til spring.

To help pass the time, we're keeping busy by 
going to birthday parties (lots of birthday parties),
going on dates,
going to Kids Club,
planning summer vacation,
singing in choir,
learning Spanish,
preparing to start volleyball and swim lessons,
and celebrating Valentines Day!

...Here's to 32 more days until spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment