Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mia at 11 Months

Well, Miss Mia...

Today,
on this beautiful, warm, sunny, fall day,
you turned 11 months old.

11 months.

That means that I only have one month left with you until you are 1 year old.

This is one of those moments -
one of those moments that force me to draw my hand up to my chest and say 
'oh, my heart'.


Thankfully, because of this blog, I will never forget these days with you.

Your wispy blonde baby hair,
those cute bottom toofers (teeth),
that sweet, sweet, super contagious smile,
and the things you like to do and places you like to go.

This past month, you've been a busy little bee...

You went to St. Louis where you got to see the Arch and visit Grant's Farm...

...and then you went to Chicago, where you got to hang out at the beach and see the city for the first time!

You took your first ever trip to the pumpkin patch!  Mommy's favorite season is autumn and it has been so fun introducing you to some of my favorite things of the season.

You went to your first parade - the Homecoming parade where we watched for sissy to ride by on her Jake and Never Land Pirates float with her classmates.

You made an enjoyable discovery in the bathtub.  
You love to get up on your knees and have the water from the faucet beat down on your bottom lip.  You could sit like this for minutes...which is a long time for a baby like you to hang out under the water faucet.

You are such a pretty baby girl!!

You have reached the age where your feelings get hurt when I tell you "no" and you begin crying immediately with that bottom lip sticking out...and then you crawl to me as fast as you possibly can to get some lovin' from me.
Buuuut, if anybody else tells you "no" (including daddy), you get a little temper.  You pound the floor with your hands or throw anything that is in arms reach.

It is so much fun to watch you grow and see 'who' you are.

For example - you do not like green beans.  At all.  I still try to feed them to you, though, in hopes that maybe your taste buds will change their mind.  
Tonight, grandpa handed you a green bean.  After much spitting at and blowing the green bean away, you finally took it.  You sucked on it and began gagging.  Just the taste of green beans make you gag...and these were good green beans with onions and bacon!  
After gagging, you put it right back in your mouth to suck on again...just to gag again.  
We repeated this a few times until I finally got rid of the green bean. 
...maybe one day, you'll be able to eat a green bean.

 

It is so much fun to not only watch you grow, but to watch the relationship between you, Mason, and Makayla grow.
The three of you together make my heart skip a few beats.
I love the three of you.
I love what you three have together.

I love you, baby girl! 

Happy 11 months!!...and believe me when I say that I am going to enjoy every single second and savor every single moment with you during this next month...month 12...the last month of your first year.

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment