Tuesday, October 2, 2012

5 Weeks Left...

Okay...
Backache? - yes!...and on busy days, I feel like my pelvis is going to crack right in half.
Constipation? - no!...I have no problem pooping.  That has been my strong suit - regular, every day, very easy.
Heartburn? - YES! - HOLY, holy Heartburn!
Nausea, Vomiting, Acne? - no...
Aching feet? - No...not really, but I definitely wouldn't pass up a foot massage...or a lower leg massage, or even a thigh, butt, back, shoulder massage.
Incontinence? - yes!...yes, yes, yes.  Darnit.  It's the sneezing that does...almost every single time.  Ewww.
Exhaustion? - YES! - beyond exhaustion.
Varicose Veins? -yep!...in places I never thought was possible.  Again - Ewww.
Moodiness? - I guess so...according to some people - but for the record, I can't help it - us pregnant people have got a lot more hormone activity going on than you non-pregnant people. 
Nosy Strangers? - They don't bother me the least bit.  Because regardless of the back pain, heartburn, peeing my pants, yucky varicose veins, cellulite on my back,  shortness of breath, and exhaustion to the point of delusion...I love being pregnant!  I've been fortunate to have easy, healthy pregnancies without any complications or major concerns.  
...and like I've said before - I am embracing this pregnancy, as we only have 5 more weeks 'til this little girl is here - which means just 5 more weeks of carrying this baby in my belly, 5 more weeks of feeling her acrobats, 5 more weeks of hiccups, 5 more weeks of this solitary bonding that only I get.

***************************************************
I read in my email the other day that some doctors recommend massaging the perineum (the area between your vulva and anus) to help you avoid having an episiotomy or tearing during childbirth - and if you'd like to do this massage, now's the time to start.  Here's one method I'll present to the hubby tonight to see if he wants to help me:

1.  Wash your hands and then sit in a warm, comfortable area, spreading your legs apart in a semi-reclined position.  Put Vitamin E oil or pure vegetable oil on your fingers and thumbs and around your perineum.
2.  Place your thumbs about 1 - 1.5 inches (up to or just past your first knuckle) inside your vagina.  Press down toward your rectum and then out toward the sides.  Gently and firmly continue stretching until you feel a slight burn or tingling.  Hold this stretch for about 2 minutes - until the tingling starts to subside.
3.  Slowly and gently massage the lower part of the vaginal canal back and forth, hooking your thumbs onto the sides of the vaginal canal and gently pulling these tissues forward, as your baby's head will do during delivery.  Keep this up for 3 to 4 minutes.
4.  Be gentle, as a vigorous touch could cause bruising or swelling in these sensitive tissues.  During the massage avoid pressure on the urethra (urinary opening).  This can cause irritation or infection.


Ha.Ha.Ha.
Ya, Right!
I'm just joking! (don't get any ideas, Kevin!)
Although some women may do this, it's totally not my thing.

So...anyway...5 weeks left and embracing!

1 comment:

  1. You are something else...I am glad tonight was the funny hormone.

    ReplyDelete