Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Elf

Around 4am this morning, Makayla came to our room.  She whispered to me "I love you".  I smiled, snatched her up, and cuddled close to her. 

Around 4:15am she said she had to go potty.  I took her to the bathroom and helped her up on to the potty.  After a few long seconds of silence, our conversation went as follows:

Makayla:  Elf is sitting on a Christmas tree in my room...(kind of in shock)
Me:  What?
Makayla:  Elf is sitting on a Christmas tree in my room!
Me:  What in the world are you talking about?!
Makayla:  There is a Christmas tree in my room!!
Me:  Really?! 
Makayla:  Come see!!
...with each one of her sentences becoming more and more filled with excitement and belief, realizing that maybe she wasn't dreaming...!

So at 4:15 in the morning, we went upstairs to Makayla's room.  Wide awake, she excitedly pointed to the Christmas tree in her room -

 ...and sure enough, there was a tree!  A little purple tree with white lights and Elf sitting on the branch.  He put up this Christmas tree and left pretty little ornaments, garland, and a star for her to decorate with. 

We peeked in Mason's room and to our surprise saw another tree - a little blue tree with white lights and a pile of ornaments, garland, and a star for him to decorate with.
Talk about MAGIC!!

Makayla was so excited and is convinced that Santa told Elf to put up the Christmas trees because she has had a dry pull-up for five nights in a row now!  I keep telling her that it's okay if she didn't have a dry pull-up.  I told her that I think Elf put the trees up because Santa is so happy that her and Mason have been so good! 

She also can't believe that she didn't even hear Elf when he was putting the tree in her room!

Tonight after dinner, we had a fun time decorating their little trees.

This whole day has been just as magical for me as it has been for Makayla!!

*********************************************
So...Who is Elf?

Elf (name picked by Makayla) is one of Santa's elves.  He is magical! 
Every night he flies to the North Pole to report to Santa if the kids have been good or bad.  He tells Santa all of the good things that the kids do and how nice they are to each other.  He also tells Santa when the kids misbehave and don't listen to their mommy and daddy or anybody else who takes care of them or teaches them things.

Elf flies back to our house every morning and is always back before the kids wake up.  When they wake up they have to find him and when they do find them, they usually find a funny surprise with him - like the Christmas trees!

I think Makayla was a little scared of Elf when he first came to our house because she kept telling us that she didn't like him and every time she misbehaved and I reminded her that Elf was watching, she would break down and bawl.  I'm pretty sure that any fear she had of Elf is gone since he's left Christmas trees, though!  I keep telling her that Elf is good and he's here to look over them - to make sure they are being nice and to make sure they are happy and safe. 

From now until Christmas, our days are going to be filled with excitment and magic because we're going to have a tiny little elf keeping us busy with *surprises!! 
...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some great things to blog about within the next month!!

*Thanks to my Uncle D and Aunt N, we have started a new family tradition!

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, you and Mike are "FABULOUS" parents....every time a read a Blog of yours.....it brings tears running down my cheeks...I just Love the way you and Mike raise your babies.....I know that they are Truly Loved by you both....and their Grandparents (on both sides) Love them to the Moon & Back three times....Praying you all have a Very Blessed Christmas♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete