Friday, September 16, 2011

To Mason



Mason,

One year ago today, I was laying in bed - eating hundreds of animals crackers and NOT sleeping.  For the next day, I would be meeting you

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:13-14

Oh, how we were so excited to finally see you, hold you, meet you - a gift to us, from God.  We were so ___________  (no words are able to describe what we were feeling) for you to join our family, for you to be our son, for you to be Makayla's baby brother.  There was no way I was sleeping on this night,  one year ago.

When I think, say, or hear "Mason", you want to know what comes to mind?...
Your Smile.  I know I've talked about it before and written about it before because it is electrifying.  Your smile touches my soul.  It's deep, it's beautiful, super contagious, and starts with your eyes.  I love your smile.
Your Contentment.  You are so laid back and easy going - a go-with-the-flow type of boy.  You make life easy. 
Your Happiness.  Period.
Your Appetite. You love your food.  Although it doesn't show in your size, you would eat 24/7 if we let you.  There's not a thing you wouldn't put in your mouth (except spinach).  Feeding you is fun.
Your Lessons. All the things you teach me.  You've taught me that watching you sleep is one of the most important things that I could do on any given night.  Simple but true.  Another important thing you've taught me is that the amount of love that the heart can hold is endless...




There are several small and precious moments in the day when it is just the two of us and I find myself staring at you in awe. You are amazing.  You are perfect.  You are impossibly tender and loving. You are a joy. You are delicious and happy and above all, you are a true blessing.

I treasure my days with you and I am so incredibly grateful for you.

I can't imagine my world without you, Mason.  And as I sit hear with my eyes burning with tears at the thought of my baby boy growing up, I am able to smile at all that we have and all that we are. 

My heart could explode.

Happy First Birthday, Mason Allen Curry!

With a heart simply overflowing with love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment