Monday, May 30, 2011

What A Wonderful World

Think of the mother who lost her son in the battlefield. Think of the wife whose husband has gone to war. Think of the children who do not know whether they will see their father next Christmas.
When you think of the selfless souls who sacrifice their happiness for our security, you realize how much you have to be grateful for.

On this Memorial Day weekend, I spent it with my family playing in the backyard.  Making memories.  Living life to the fullest.  Enjoying the simple things. 
Being Free.
...and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me.

It's a wonderful world!

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?"
They're really sayin', "I love you"
I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow

They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

No comments:

Post a Comment